Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A lookback at 2013

It's the last day of 2013 and here I am, sitting in front of my laptop typing this post instead of out somewhere getting drunk and screaming on top of my lungs at a new year's countdown. I guess that's what you get when you work an 8-to-5 job that sucks the life out of you. Not that I mind as the pay is decent, so no complains there.

This year has been full of ups and downs, more of the latter to be honest. The bad luck that befell us two years back has yet to be fully lifted and our lives are still in a struggle. Hopefully as I start working things will start to get better. Fingers crossed.

So this the year that I finally finished my 5 years of studies and got my degree. Being able to graduate from university was probably one of the happiest moments of my life as I am able to bid farewell to that chapter and begin the journey on a new one. Having experienced a totally different life has really opened my eyes to the other side of the world. Although sometimes I do miss the simpler life of a student, life has to go on and keep moving forward.

Growing up is a natural part of life and everyone has to experience new changes every once in a while. As my life progresses into the new chapter, I can only wish for things to get better and finally take a turn for the good.

May 2014 be a better year. Happy New Year.


xoxo
-Penny-

No comments:

Post a Comment