Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

[Product Review] Candy Love 99% Hyaluronic Acid Sleeping Pack_EX

Good morning and happy Sunday! Had plans to go out for coffee last night but it rained so heavily so had to cancel and stay in instead. Which gave me an opportunity to try out a new sleeping mask that I just bought together with my Borghese Fango Active Mud.


Okay so you're first thought would probably be, OMG Nature Republic knock-off! Yes, I had that same thought too. It comes in a 300ml green jar which resembles the all-famous Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel. But trust me, these two are a whole lot different.

So this is a Taiwanese product called Candy Love 99% Hyaluronic Acid Sleeping Pack. As stated, it's a sleeping mask which serves to moisturize and rehydrate your skin as you sleep. It's content of 99% hyaluronic acid - which I have no idea if it's true - is supposed to give you baby soft skin when you wake up in the morning. It also has vitamin C to help brighten your skin tone.

So how's my review? Honestly, I don't really like it as much as I hoped. The gel itself is quite sticky and has tiny beads which will dissolve as you massage onto your face. As I have combination skin, I don't like products which leave my skin feeling very oily. Sometimes I do use Nature Republic's Aloe Vera gel as a sleeping mask, which absorbs very well and my face doesn't feel sticky or oily in the morning.

But after applying this sleeping pack last night, it's rather hard to be absorbed and it feels very sticky. When I woke up this morning it still feels sticky and very heavy. Probably I applied too thick a layer, but somehow I just feel it's not really as well-absorbed as Nature Republic.

My verdict? Nature Republic is still better. If you're looking for a sleeping mask, there are better options out there which although might be a bit more expensive, but trust me, for a higher price, it's better to get a product that's had better review. I'm not saying this product is bad, but there are just better options out there which can be much better.


xoxo
-Penny-

No comments:

Post a Comment