Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Hello, Hi, Goodbye

So the title is a song from Rita Ora's album, and somehow it just hit me right in the heart. It's not very often a song can impact me so much. Most of the time it's just a part of the song, or even just a single line. But this was different. It just felt as if the song was about my story, about me and him, about everything that was and could have been.

He came into my life unexpectedly. He was the light at the end of the tunnel; the breath of air after coming out from the water; the shoulder that I could lean on. Everything felt so right, but just two seconds later, everything crumbled into a million pieces.

We always knew we could never be each other's happy ever after. We had just stumbled upon each other and clicked. We were like old friends that met again after a very long time. We could talk for ages about anything, and countless nights were spent texting until I fell asleep. He was the last person I said good night to, and every morning I would wake up to his good morning.

For that very brief moment, everything was perfect.

But nothing lasts forever. Especially something over long distances.

Right now, we would walk past each other as if we were strangers. We hardly say a word to each other, no more texting, no more chatting. It was as if nothing ever happened, and it was all a dream.

I don't understand how you can just turn around and walk away like that. Everything we talked about, I thought it was a promise. But it turns out to be empty words spoken to fill your equally empty soul.

I really thought we could work. I guess I was wrong. Still, thank you for once being there for me. And just so you know, I still hope we could go back to the way it was.

I miss you.


xoxo
-Penny-

No comments:

Post a Comment