Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Dreamed A Dream


I dreamt about you for two consecutive nights. In both dreams, you held my hand and asked if we could start over. Before I could answer, I jolt awake and was covered in cold sweat.

I guess I've been listening to too much Taylor Swift. Her voice echoes in my ears, "In my dreams you're touching my face, And asking me if I want to try again with you; And I almost do".

Last week was when all the coincidences happened. My friend asked you to drive his car as he was too tired. And you did. Watching from the back seat, I had to admit you look good. You always have. I stole glances at you while you were driving, knowing you can't see me as I hid myself from the rear view mirror. For one moment, I almost forgave you. Then, at the red light, you took out your phone and was busy replying messages. I didn't see the name, I couldn't see the contents. But you were smiling as you typed, and I knew you were happy.

At that moment, I knew you had moved on. And yet, here I am, still standing at the same position, waiting for you to come back. How foolish of me.

The moment you stopped the car in front of my house and I got out, you said the first word to me all semester - goodbye. How ironic could it be? You never looked at me, not even one glance. Your eyes were set straight ahead, and the moment I closed the door you drove off. Like you just couldn't wait to get away from me.

After that I told myself it was time to let go, that it was time for me to move on too. You didn't need me anymore, so why I am still waiting for a miracle I know would never come?

Yet, why do you still appear in my dream? And sometimes I wonder, do you dream of me too?

The song that never fails to make me cry.



xoxo
-Penny-

No comments:

Post a Comment