Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Failed

Everyone was whispering and murmuring. Everyone had anxious and nervous looks on their faces. I looked down and just stared at my feet. My heart was calmer than I expected - there was no hard pounding or rapid heart beats.

The guy over the counter passed me my results slip. I smiled and thanked him. Then I took one glance and flipped it over. At that moment, my heart sank to the utmost bottom.

There was a C- on that slip. I had failed. And it was the subject I feared most.

I had expected the worst, and this was it. I didn't know what else to do but just remain quiet. Everyone around me was laughing and celebrating. They asked me how I did, and I smiled and said I did fine.

But in reality, it wasn't fine. I'd failed a subject, which means I need to re-sit for the paper next semester. Just today I gave away the notes and prayed for a miracle. But I guess sometimes, even when you pray your heart out, miracles just don't happen.

I'm struggling to breathe right now. I don't know what else I can do. They say you can't take this semester's subject if you fail the previous one. So what happens to me now?



xoxo
-Penny-

No comments:

Post a Comment