Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Quitting

I wasn't born a quitter. I wasn't raised a quitter. But I was raised to never fail.

That's what you get when you're raised by over-achieving and over-protective parents. Ever since you could understand, they've been telling you that your goal in life is to succeed. That you have to be the best at everything you do. That failing is not an option.

Then you grow up and you experience life. You try to be the best at what you do, but sometimes, your best just isn't good enough. What do you do then?

When your parents raise you and build up your ego, they forgot to teach you what to do when you fall.

This isn't the life I wanted. And I've known it since the start. But now that I'm in it, there's no way for me to back out. I want to put everything down and walk away from it. But I don't see how I can do that.

I wasn't born a quitter. I wasn't raised a quitter. But this is all too much for me. I really want to walk away from it. But I just don't know how.



xoxo
-Penny-

No comments:

Post a Comment