Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

22nd

So D-Day is finally here, but I don't feel anything special. Not really in a celebrative mood since there are so many things to be completed. Studies are at a complete standstill since research is the top most priority now. Presentation is due in two weeks and the thesis can be so killing.

When Facebook introduced the timeline function and I switched over to it, I decided to remove my birthday from my profile. Still, some people did remember it was my birthday and wished me. Others probably saw people wishing me and decided they had 5 seconds to spare so they typed something out of courtesy. Anyhow I thanked them for it, but I don't really get the point.

Went for karaoke marathon session just now, had fun laughing and singing with the usual gang. But I had the biggest surprise when he told me earlier that he was going too. I didn't expect him to join us for our singing sessions. When he told me about it, my first thought was, "OMFG I don't wanna go anymore." But the room was already booked and I was really craving for ChaTime, so I figured, what the hell.

We were having fun singing when he arrived with another friend. I got even more annoyed when he sat next to me, when the room was big and there were other places that were free. So fine, whatever. Not even 5 minutes after he sat down, he took out his phone and started typing. Her name was there, and he was Whatsapp-ing her right in front of me. I got so pissed I walked out from the room and to the washroom. I almost wanted to just leave and go walk alone. But I took a deep breath, and walked back to the room as normal as I could be.

I don't get it. You are obviously more interested in talking with her. So why even bother to come to my birthday celebration? And you barely sang two songs, since you were so busy with your phone. It's not like I valued your presence. I had seriously hoped you didn't come along, at least then I am able to sing in peace.

So prom will be in 19 hours, but this year will be a break for me after attending for the past two years. Voodoo plan seems to be cancelled since no one wants to go. Yeah, I figured as much. Lucky I didn't get my hopes up too high since I know I'll definitely be disappointed.

Happy 22nd to me. Another year older, another year wiser. I'd promised myself to learn from my mistakes and never let the past be repeated. I'll do better from now on.

I promise.



xoxo
-Penny-

No comments:

Post a Comment